Wednesday, September 23, 2009

UbD DI Chapter 9

I feel as though I have already read this chapter before, just with a different choice of words. Chapter nine ties directly into the Multiple Intelligences book because it deals with teachers changing their typical teaching technique so they can accommodate more students’ needs. Using groups and different intelligences for teaching a lesson will help students learn and is the whole point in differentiation. The one aspect that this chapter mentioned that hasn’t been brought up in the other books as much is pre-assessment. Pre-assessments have been discussed, but I never could grasp the importance of them. After reading this chapter, I see all the valuable information that can be gained from something so simple as a pre-assessment. Pre-assessments would enable me to see which students do not meet the skill requirements that might be necessary for my lesson, even though I might have thought they already knew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment