Wednesday, September 16, 2009

FIAE Chapter 5

When I read the title of this chapter I was immediately turned off by the topic. My school tried something like a tiered assessment and it did not turn out correctly. I was always just given extra work as the more “advanced” student. However, this chapter changed my mind. I saw that if done correctly, tiered assessments could be helpful to every student. If a teacher uses the Bloom’s Taxonomy levels he or she can challenge a student without making the different work seem like extra assignments. The only suggestion that I thought was totally absurd was the student contracts. This seems like a way for teachers to just send a student off on his or her own and not necessarily teach them. I assume that it just depends on the teacher, but I do not think it would be beneficial to allow any student to use this technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment