Wednesday, September 23, 2009

MI CHapter 14

Armstrong dedicates his last chapter to the eight and a half intelligence: the existential intelligence. I personally do not believe this should be completely used in a classroom. I know it is important to look into all the aspects that are in incorporated into this intelligence, but I think it would disrupt a classroom by using it. When my teachers used to talk about abortion and other current controversies, my classmates would go off on tirades to defend their point and the class would get completely out of hand. If the point in this intelligence is to have students think deeply about the world it should be dedicated to a separate class and not the typical classroom. This keeps those students, like myself, who do not care for debating out of that situation, but still allows those students who want to discuss those topics to have the opportunity to discuss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment