Monday, September 21, 2009

MI Chapter 6

Chapter six was dedicated to some of the ways that teachers can integrate the eight intelligences into their classrooms. Armstrong provides five examples for all eight of the intelligences. Some of the ideas mentioned I feel like are too distracting or unrealistic to incorporate into a classroom. Supermemory music was one of these examples. I cannot imagine allowing the students in my high school to lie on the floor and listen to music while a teacher was teaching. No one would have grasped the ideas and the class would have been useless. Then the one that I found unrealistic was a nature walk. I cannot see a class of twenty teenagers going outside and behaving enough to teach a lesson to them while walking outside. However, some of the ideas would have surely helped me while I was in school and I can only hope that I will be able to use some of all these intelligences in my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment