Saturday, September 12, 2009

UbD DI Chapter 5

Test, quizzes, self-assessments, writing projects, and oral responses are some of the many ways I can assess my students’ knowledge about the content being taught. Which one should I use during a specific lesson? I do not want to give my students so many assessments that they feel over whelmed, however, a photo album style of assessing is the most effective in a classroom. Giving multiple ways to view a student’s understanding of a subject is a wonderful idea, I just not sure I can do numerous evaluations for each content area of my class. I believe it would be more beneficial for the students to simply vary the assessments used each time one is needed. The six facets seem like the best way to determine if a student grasps the idea of the lesson. The type of assessment used to determine this information can vary as long as the student displays his or her knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment