Wednesday, September 9, 2009

UbD DI Chapter 3

I would have never guessed that working backwards was the best way to organize a unit plan. I am a logical thinker in that way because I always assumed that to plan something one should go chronologically and not backwards. After reading the chapter it seems that the backwards design makes more sense. I will know exactly what I am striving for so my students will also know what they are working towards. The template that the book provides seems really easy to follow so practicing this design will be simple to accomplish. I was surprised to read that the design allows for differentiated instruction to be planned along with the unit. It makes it more effortless to plan everything at the same time and not have to worry about the differentiated instruction later. It can all be done at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment