Saturday, September 12, 2009

FIAE Chapter 3

In order to determine if a student has mastered a certain topic, a teacher must assess the students. However, one test at the end of a unit is not the best way to evaluate a student’s knowledge about a lesson. With only one test, a teacher cannot see what area of the content needs to be worked on more thoroughly or not. Pre-assessments, quizzes, tests, projects, and final exams are the best ways to get an idea for how your students are doing. I would have never thought pre-assessments were useful until I saw what a teacher could gain from them. However, pre-assessments would enable me to see what my students know before I even start teaching a unit. With this information I could clearly establish what I need to focus my lesson on, instead of teaching content that my students already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment